大きくする 標準 小さくする

日本国内の外国人児童約2万人、不就学の可能性

2019/12/07

日本国内の外国人児童約2万人、不就学の可能性  

情報提供 : Books and Rights Marketplace




2019.11.23    日本国内の外国人児童約2万人、不就学の可能性




今年9月、文部科学省は、日本国内に在住する外国籍の子どもの就学状況について初めての全国調査を行い、その結果を公表しました。その調査結果によりますと、日本に住む義務教育相当年齢の外国籍児124049人のうち、15.8%に当たる19654人が不就学の可能性があることが判明しました。

文部科学省の調査によりますと、この
19654人には、不就学、就学状況を確認できない、実態不明の外国籍児童の数が含まれているとのことです。その他に、外国籍の子供が1人以上いた市区町村は全体の68.7%で、その3分の1の市区町村は外国籍の子供がいる家庭に小中学校の就学案内を送っていませんでした。また、市区町村で外国籍児童の日本語教育の指導にあたっている常勤指導者は全体のわずか6%で、それ以外は非常勤やボランティアで賄われていることが判明しました。

実は今年
6月、日本で「日本語教育の推進に関する法律」が公布、施行されました。この法律は、多様な文化を尊重した共生社会を実現するためには、日本語を母語としない日本在住者に対しての日本語教育が、日本での生活を営む上で重要であるという認識の下、制定されました。この法律における「日本語教育」とは、日本語を外国語として学ぶ人たちに日本語を教える教育のことを指していて、一定の専門性を要する分野です。ところが日本では、この日本語教育に対する国の一貫した政策は存在せず、30年以上も自治体やボランティアに丸投げされていました。今回の調査結果はその実態が明らかになったといえます。

移民の受け入れに長い経験を持つ国では、ホスト国の言語教育は、ホスト国政府によって行われています。移民の受け入れをしてこなかった日本政府にとっては必要のない政策だったのかもしれません。しかしながら、今年
4月の入管法の改正により日本の状況は大きく変わってきており、日本語教育を必要としている人の数は急増しています。その一方で、日本国内に2万人もの外国籍の不就学児童が存在するということは、将来、日本社会に深刻な影響を及ぼすに違いありません。日本政府はこの状況を早急に是正する必要があります。


https://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXMZO50308100X20C19A9CR8000/

https://wezz-y.com/archives/67488/2

https://www.languagemagazine.com/2019/08/26/japan-takes-responsibility-for-language/



2019.11.23    As Many as 20,000 Foreign Children in Japan Not Schooled



In September, Japan’s Ministry of Education, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) published the results of a survey conducted to ascertain to what extent children of non-Japanese nationality living in Japan are attending school. The results of this study revealed that as many as 19,654 children of foreign nationality may be unschooled. This number represents 15.8% of the 124,049 foreign children living in Japan who are of age for compulsory education.

According to MEXT’s survey, the figure of 19,654 includes children whose educational situation could not be ascertained. Furthermore, of the 68.7% of municipalities with one or more resident who was a foreign minor, one-third had failed to send information about elementary and junior high schooling to those households. The survey also showed that a mere 6% of Japanese teachers charged with the education of non-Japanese students were regular full-time instructors. The remaining 94% of such instructors are either part-time or volunteer workers.

In June of this year, Japan passed the “Law for the Promotion of Japanese Language Education.” This law was established in response to the need for children living in Japan who are from non-Japanese-speaking backgrounds to speak Japanese in order to live a prosperous life in the country, and aims to foster a society that respects diverse cultures. “Japanese Education” vis-à-vis this law refers specifically to the teaching of Japanese as a foreign language, and as such requires a level of expertise. However, there exists no comprehensive strategy for the teaching of Japanese in this way, which is why the task has been passed off onto individual municipalities and volunteers for over thirty years. The MEXT survey makes this much clear.

Countries with more experience with taking in immigrants commonly place the task of teaching such immigrants the language of their host country upon the government of that country. For the Japanese government, who has historically let in few immigrants, such a policy may once have been unnecessary. However, with the passage of the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act this past April, this situation will change drastically as the number of children requiring Japanese language education as a foreign language increases. Furthermore, the discovery of as many as 20,000 foreign children not enrolled in compulsory education shows that this has been a serious problem in Japan for some time already. The Japanese government must take immediate measures to remedy this dire situation.


https://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXMZO50308100X20C19A9CR8000/

https://wezz-y.com/archives/67488/2

https://www.languagemagazine.com/2019/08/26/japan-takes-responsibility-for-language/

 

編集部宛メールフォーム

お名前:必須

Eメールアドレス:必須

Eメールアドレス(確認用):必須
(確認の為、同じものをもう一度入力してください)

記事タイトル:必須


メッセージ:必須

ファイル添付:

【連載】BRM NEWS